The upper portion of the 7-story Chet Holifield Federal Building, constructed between 1968 and 1971 comprising over 1 million square feet of building space. The Central Cooling Plant is located across Avila Road and is connected by communications and piping routed through an underground utility tunnel.
Building Automation System (BAS) Replacement in an occupied, medium security government facility populated with Government Agencies – GSA, IRS, ICE, DHS, Treasury Dept. and NARA.
Project Timeline: 29 months
Project Budget: $873,000
WHAT SUNBELT CONTROLS DELIVERED
In conjunction with the GSA, APSI, Facility Dynamics Engineering, ACCO Engineered Systems, Emcor Mechanical, Bergelectric and ABM Engineering Services, Sunbelt Controls converted existing Teletrol Systems BAS and Pneumatic Zone Controls to an Automated Logic Corporation WebCTRL BAS with minimal disturbance to occupants and zero downtime.
BAS Systems Replaced:
- 3500 Ton Chilled Water Plant with Chilled Water Storage Tank
- Variable Speed Secondary Chilled Water Distribution
- Gas Fired Boiler Plant • Variable Flow Heating Hot Water Distribution
- 3 Solar Domestic Water Heating Systems
- 3 City Water Metering Systems
- 26 VAV and CV Air Handlers
- 2 Double Duct VAV Air Handlers
- 4 Rooftop Packaged Units
- 167 Reheat Coil Zones
- 58 VAV w/Reheat Terminal Unit Zones
- 19 Large Volume VAV Reheat Zones
- 61 Double Duct Mixing Box Zones
- General Area Lighting Control System
- 31 Zone Tenant Space Improvement (ICE-DRO)
OWNER: General Services Administration
PRIME CONTRACTOR: ACCO Engineered Systems
CONTROLS CONTRACTOR: Sunbelt Controls