PAMF’s San Carlos Center, at 301 Industrial Road, is a state-of–the-art, full service medical center. The integrated campus, located on 18 acres, includes an outpatient medical center with a future phase to include an acute inpatient care center hospital and central plant, will be constructed in two phases. When both phases are complete, this campus will fully integrate ambulatory care, acute care and common space in order to provide a new level of patient-focused care.
Integrated garage CO control, lighting controls, HVAC DDC controls, negative pressure rooms, BacNet integration, power fail restart and shelter in place programming.
WHAT SUNBELT CONTROLS DELIVERED
Sunbelt Controls was part of the controls design team which included the consulting engineer, the mechanical contractor and the Client. The team’s focus was to provide PAMF operating personnel with a sophisticated BMS system that monitored and controlled all of the HVAC systems and Lighting as well as monitoring all of the facilities energy consumption, while making access to the information simple and easy to use via the graphical operators interface. This project included:
- Serial integration and control of the AC Units, the Chilled Water and Hot Water Plants
- Monitoring of the facility’s power, gas, water consumption, as well as the emergency generator/ATS system
- Monitoring and alarming of various medical gas systems
- Control of all VAV and CV zones
- Control of negative pressure controlled examination/procedure rooms
- Lighting controls, including the Lighting Panels, intelligent switches, graphics and programming, fully integrated into the BMS
- Power fail restart, including cascaded startup of all equipment to avoid power spikes
PRODUCT SOLUTION: Automated Logic
Owner: Palo Alto Medical Foundation
General Contractor: Skanska
Mechanical Engineer: Mazetti, Nash, Lipsey & Burch
Mechanical Contractor: Southland Ind.
Controls Contractor: Sunbelt Controls