Fully Integrated Cross Campus HVAC Control System
The 56.9 acre East Campus was previously occupied by Oracle (formally Sun Microsystems). The site was developed with nine buildings, which contain approximately 1,035,840 square feet.
For this project, Sunbelt Controls was tasked with:
- A HVAC control system, fully integrated across the campus IT network; incorporating an energy management, equipment monitoring and control, including web based Tridium Graphical User Interface and Commissioning
- Tridium Network Controller per building or wing
- One re-used or new Lon DDC Controller per VAV box and fan coil unit
Integration of the existing building power meter and Rooftop Package Air Conditioning Units
One of the challenges with this project was that each building had to be completed within 90days from Notice to Proceed. How this was managed was to assess construction deadlines and pre-plan our work accordingly. This included:
- Pre-engineering of material required and communication cabling paths
- Rough in all communication cabling and T-Stat’s
- Install all VAV and FCU controllers.
- Provide a team of commissioning software specialists
Collectively, these strategies enabled us to complete all buildings on time and in budget.
What uniquely qualified Sunbelt Controls for this job was the fact that the campus was in need of a contractor who could provide unlimited resources for the LON and Tridium Control system they where installing. Sunbelt Controls resources and the Enterprise Integration Division’s product experience suited the job perfectly.